Why not try this quick and simple starter before the season for asparagus ends.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Energy: 313 calories per serving
– 300g podded and shelled broad beans
– 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus an extra drizzle at the end
– 1 lemon, juiced
– A handful of mint leaves, saving a few small ones back to garnish
– Salt and pepper for seasoning
– 100g asparagus, cut in half lengthways
– 4 slices rustic white bread, such as sourdough
– 1 garlic clove, peeled but left whole
– 1 small ball (approx. 150g) of buffalo mozzarella, roughly torn
1) Cook the broad beans in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain, refresh under cold water, drain again, and then peel from their skins.
2) Use the back of a fork to roughly crush the beans with the olive oil and lemon juice. Then stir through the mint. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3) Cook the asparagus in boiled salted water for 1-2 minutes and drain under cold water too.