Preparation time: 40 minutes
Energy: 199 calories
– 1 tsp cayenne pepper
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tsp olive oil
– 1 wedge yields lemon juice
– 1 small carrot
– 1 small white onion
– 1 medium whole tomato
– 4 cups water
– 1 cup red lentils
1) Chop onion, tomato and carrot. You don’t have to cut up them up too small because in the end you will use a blender.
2) Sauté onions in olive oil or cooking spray oil until transparent.
3) Add carrots, sauté for a minute or so, add tomatoes, sauté for a couple of minutes more.
4) Add lentils.
5) Add water. Boil. Add a little salt, or you can skip salt. Add the cayenne pepper.
6) When the carrots are soft (boil about 15-20 minutes), put everything into a blender. Blend until smooth.
7) Pour contents back into pot, if the soup is too thick you can add some more water, but it shouldn’t be too watery either. Boil for another minute.
8) Serve with or without a dash of fresh lemon juice.