When you wake up in the morning, your motivation to prepare and cook an elaborate breakfast is probably slim to none. Instead of opening the cupboards and grabbing the first thing that catches your eyes (eg the sugar-coated cereal) why not fuel your body with a high protein, nutrient-rich morning meal which is simple to make.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Energy: 253 calories per serving
– ½ cup of steel cut or old-fashioned oats
– 1 ½ scoops of strawberry or vanilla protein powder
– ¼ cup of chopped strawberries
– ¼ cup of blueberries
1) Cook the oats according to the packaging directions. Some products provide microwave cooking instructions, but I prefer to use the hob.
2) Sprinkle 1 ½ scoops of strawberry or vanilla protein powder over the top of the oatmeal. Stir until thoroughly combined.
3) Top with the strawberries and the blueberries (or any other fruit of your choice).