– Set the bench to a moderate decline and sit squarely on the bench, feet secured under the ankle pads.
– Cross your arms in front of you, hands touching your shoulders (you can increase the level of difficulty by moving your hands behind your head as long as you don’t pull on your head).
– Go halfway down on the bench; this is your start position.
– Contract your abs to curl your body up to a point just short of perpendicular to the floor, trying not to pull through your hip flexors.
– Round your back on the way up to increase abdominal contraction, then lower under control. You should not be resting on the bench in between reps.