Cauliflower roasted with parmesan cheese and spices makes for a terrific side.
Preparation: 45 minutes
Energy: 112 calories per serving
– ¼ tsp salt
– 2 tbsps parmesan cheese, shredded
– 1 dash black pepper
– 2 tbsps olive oil
– 1 lemon
– 1 head medium cauliflower
– 2 cloves garlic, coarsely minced
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
2) Cut the cauliflower into florets and put in a single layer in an oven-proof baking dish. Toss in the garlic.
3) Squeeze the lemon juice over the cauliflower and drizzle each piece with olive oil.
4) Sprinkle with salt and pepper. If the oven has not reached 400°F yet, set aside until it has.
5) Place casserole in the hot oven, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes, or until the tio is lightly brown. Test with a fork for desired doneness. The fork should be able to easily pierce the cauliflower.
6) Remove from the oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.