A delicious super low calorie vegetable soup.
Preparation: 48 minutes
Energy: 32 calories per serving
– 6 cups vegetable broth
– ½ fl oz lemon juice
– 2 cups shredded cabbage
– ¼ tsp black pepper
– ½ tsp salt
– 2 tsps fresh thyme, chopped
– 2 cups chopped broccoli, small florets
– 2 medium carrots, chopped
– 2 cups cauliflower, small florets
– 1 stalk medium celery, diced
– 2 cups swiss chard,chopped
– 2 cloves garlic
– 1 medium onion, chopped
– 2 tbsps fresh parsley, chopped
– 2 small zucchini, diced
– 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
1) Put garlic, vegetables, thyme and broth into a large soup pot.
2) Cover and bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to a low simmer, partly covered, about 10 minutes.
3) Stir in parsley (or chives), season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice (optional).
4) Note: if you like thick soups, consider pureeing this recipe in the pot with a blender. There are many variations to this recipe, add or leave out the vegetables to suit your taste. You can save time by using frozen vegetables instead of fresh ones (though the texture of the soup might change a bit).