A magnificent authentic pasta dish that is full of goodness and taste.
Preparation: 35 minutes
Energy: 252 calories
– 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
– ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
– bunch spinach, stems removed
– 1 cup tomato soup, canned
– ½ cup dried bread crumbs
– ¼ cup all-purpose flour, extra
– ½ cup all-purpose flour, sifted
1) Microwave or steam spinach until just wilted. Squeeze to remove excess water and chop finely.
2) Combine spinach, ½ cup of flour, cheeses and bread crumbs in a bowl.
3) Toss a tablespoon of mixture in extra flour and forn into an oval. Repeat with remaining mixture to make approximately 36 gnocchi.
4) Add gnocchi to a pot of simmering water and simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes. Gnocchi is cooked when it floats to the surface.
5) Remove gnocchi from the pan using a slotted spoon, drain and keep warm.
6) Heat sauce in microwave.
7) Serve drizzled over gnocchi.
Note: to maximise flavour, choose small spinach leaves with a crisp texture. They should give off a sweet aroma, not a sour or musty odor.