A yummy meal that requires minimal effort and is ready in no time.
Preparation: 25 minutes
Energy: 299 calories
– 1 wholemeal pitta
– ¼ cup ricotta
– 1 cup frozen, leaf spinach
– 1 tsp leaves oregano
– 1 dash of black pepper
– 1 clove garlic
1) Cut pitta in half and place on a baking tray covered with aluminium foil.
2) Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
3) Peel and crush the garlic, then mix in a bowl with half the ricotta, oregano and pepper. Season with pepper (and salt if you wish).
4) Spread the mixture on the pitta breads, then top with chopped spinach.
5) Finally, crumble the remaining ricotta cheese over the top.
6) Place in a oven for about 5 minutes, and remove when cheese starts to brown.
7) Eat straight away for maximum enjoyment.
Note: I prefer to use 2 mini-pittas, but I have written this recipe for a normal-sized pitta.