To perform the biceps curls follow these steps:
– Hold a dumbbell in each hand and stand feet hip-width apart.
– Let your arms hang down at your sides with your palms forward.
– Pull your abdominals in, stand tall, and keep your knees slightly bent.
– Curl both arms upwards until they are in front of your shoulders.
– Slowly lower the dumbbells back down.
When doing this exercise always remember to:
– Keep your knees slightly bent and your posture tall. Don’t lean back or rock your body forward to help lift the weight.
– Keep your elbows as close to your body as you can without supporting your elbows on the sides of your stomach for leverage.
– Don’t rest when you get to the top or bottom of the exercise, instead keep a constant tension on the biceps.
– Lower the weight back to the starting position slowly and with control.