Brussel sprout haters will be sure to change their mind after enjoying this fantastic dish.
Preparation: 25 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
Energy: 131 calories per serving
– ½ tsp garlic
– 2 dashes pepper
– 2 dashes salt
– 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
– 3 cups brussels sprouts
– 1 medium onion
1) Cut off the brown ends of the brussels sprouts and pill off any yellow outer leaves. Cut them in half. Slice a medium onion in to long strips.
2) Coat the bottom of your skillet with olive oil and set on medium-high heat.
3) Add onions and brussels sprouts and stir. Make sure to coat as much of the vegetables as possible. Season with salt and pepper tp taste. Garlic is great in this as well.
4) Constantly stir sprouts and onions to avoid burning.
5) Brussels sprouts will wilt and leaves will turn black and brown this is a good thing.
6) Continue to cook and stir veggies until onions are clear and sprouts are soft.
7) Serve hot. No butter needed.