A quick and easy bean salad with minimal prep.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Serves: 14 servings
Energy: 113 calories per serving
– 1 can corn and peppers
– 1 can black beans
– 1 can reduced sodium garbanzo beans
– 1 can reduced sodium kidney beans
– 7 tbsps balsamic vinegar
– 1 cup chopped red onion
– 3 cloves garlic
1) Coarsely chop red onion and mince garlic cloves.
2) Open all the cans and drain the liquid. Rinse and drain beans and place with corn in a large container that has a sealable lid. Stir to mix.
3) Add onion, garlic and balsamic vinegar and stir. Put lid on container and refrigerate.
4) When ready to serve, have the following available for guests to individualise their portion to taste: olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic powder or garlic salt, red pepper flakes or spicy hot sauce.