A great pasta substitute.
Preparation: 25 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
Energy: 80 calories per serving
– 2 tbsps olive oil
– 1 tbsp black pepper
– 2 medium zucchini
1) With a good potato peeler create long ‘noodles’ by starting at the top of the zucchini and peeling wide ribbons down the length of the zucchini.
2) Continue making ribbons as you turn the zucchini to get all the green part off first.
3) When the centre portion becomes too thin, set it aside to use for a salad and start a new zucchini.
4) Heat a large skillet on medium high.
5) Add the olive oil and zucchini ‘noodles’.
6) Sauté the ‘noodles’ for 2-3 minutes.
7) Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt if desired to taste.
8) Serve with your favourite pasta sauce. I like to eat these with a arrabbiata sauce.