Preparation: 50 minutes
Serves: 4 serving
Energy: 178 calories per serving
– 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– 1 cup chick peas
– ¼ cup lemon juice
– ½ cup green onion
– 4 tbsps chopped onions
– 1 cup cherry tomatoes
– 1 tbsp honey
– 1 cup of couscous
1) Combine diced white onion with lemon juice and set aside. The lemon juice will minimise the bite of the onion, making it mild. Cook the couscous to the directions of the pacjage and set aside as well.
2) Drain can of chickpeas and out in a bowl and toss with the green onion and olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
3) With a fork, loosen up the couscous and blend in with chickpea blend.
4) Now combine lemon juice, white onions and tomatoes and toss together.
5) Finally, drizzle honey on creation and mix well. Refrigerate salad for about half an hour to allow the flavours to set. Sprinkle with herbs of your choice prior to serving.
Note: You can substitute the lemon juice for lime juice, and honey for brown sugar, and also substitute white onion for celery or even green apple.