Broad beans done the Egyptian way. This is a simple recipe that is high in protein and fibre.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Serves: 1 serving
Energy: 247 calories per serving
– juice of ½ lemon
– 1 medium tomato, chopped
– ¼ tsp dried coriander
– ¼ tsp cumin
– 1 dash pepper
– 1 dash salt
– 1 clove garlic, chopped
– 2 tbsps parsley
– 2 tbsps shallots, chopped
– 1 thin chilli pepper, chopped
– 1 cup broad beans
1) In a pan over medium heat add the tomato, shallots, chilli pepper and garlic (add a little water if needed).
2) Add the beans and stir together. Cook for 10 minutes.
3) Remove pan from heat and place in a serving dish.
4) Add the lemon juice, parsley, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Stir well.
Note: An egg can be added to the top of the beans or serve with a boiled egg on the side.