A fresh and filling summertime salad with tantalizing flavours.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
Energy: 372 calories per serving
– 1 cup black beans
– ¼ tsp sugar
– 2 sprigs cilantro
– 4 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
– ½ tsp salt
– 2 avocados
– 3 wedges yield lime juice
– 1 mango
– 1 jalapeno pepper
1) In a medium bowl, toss mango and jalapeno with 1 tablespoon lime juice and salt.
2) Add avocado and gently toss to combine.
3) In a small bowl, whick together the remaining lime juice, zest, sugar, cilantro and olive oil.
4) Toss the black beans with the vinaigrette.
5) To assemble, spoon the black beans with vinaigrette into the centre of a serving platter.
6) Top with the mango-avocado mixture. Garnish with chopped cilantro and black pepper.