Easy to make and a low calorie filling side dish.
Preparation: 1hour and 45 minutes
Serves: 8 servings
Energy: 88 calories per serving
– 1 tbsp sage
– 1 tsp thyme
– 1 tsp rosemary
– 2 cups beets
– 2 cups chopped carrots
– 2 cups cauliflower
– 2 cups slices parsnips
-1 medium red potato
– 2 cups cubed turnip
1) Pre-heat the over to 315°F (150°C).
2) Peel the beets, turnips, carrots and parsnips.
3) Cut the beets, turnips and potatoes into quarters. Then cut similarly sized pieces of carrot, parsnips and cauliflower.
4) Place all the veggies in a large roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper and add fresh herbs.
5) Roast at 315°F covered in aluminium foil for 30 minutes. Stir vegetables.
6) Cook another 30 minutes. Stir vegetables again.
7) Place back in the oven, uncovered this time checking every 10 minutes until done (should be fork tender).
8) Let cool and serve.