A bodybuilder relying on multiple shakes per day in place of whole food will have a very different physique from one who eats more whole food. The natural digestion process is important and you can only get that with whole foods. Protein powders are broken down so much that they do not digest and get absorbed like food. It is better to add specific amino acid supplements to a meal than to replace a meal with a shake. However, we do not live in a perfect world and because of work or family obligations we may end up missing meals. In such situations, shakes can be used. But when you are dieting, would you rather have a protein shake made with water or a grilled chicken breast and sweet potato?
Delicious baked fires as a side or snack.
Preparation: 45 minutes
Energy: 87 calories per serving
– 1tsp cinnamon
– ¼ tsp salt
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 2 13cm long sweet potatoes
1) Peel the sweet potatoes and cut in half crosswise.
2) Cut in half lengthwise and then cut each piece into 4 wedges.
3) Place in a 9×13” pan and drizzle with olive oil.
4) Toss to coat evenly.
5) Sprinkle with salt and cinnamon (or any combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice etc.)
6) Bake for 35 minutes at 400°F (200°C) turning once.