Thai inspired peanut sauce made with lime, chilli oil, sesame oil, all natural peanut butter and honey.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Serves: 3 servings
Energy: 59 calories per serving
– ½ tsp soybean oil
– ¼ tsp sesame oil
– ¼ lime yields lime juice
– 1 clove garlic
– 1 tsp ginger
– ¼ cup 240ml) water
– 2 tbsps soy sauce
– 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter (without salt)
– ½ tbsp honey
1) Squeeze lime into a pan. Add soy sauce, chilli oil and sesame oil. Add and heat grated ginger and garlic through.
2) Add peanut butter and stir. Bring to a light boil. Add the water. The mixture will smooth out once it reaches boiling.
3) Add salt and honey to taste.
4) Simmer for an additional 2 minutes.
5) Serve as a dipping sauce. Also can be drizzled over greens salad with tofu and steamed broccoli finished with a few roasted peanuts.